top of page


Homeowner’s insurance provides protection against damage or disaster that occurs to one of your biggest investments: your home.  Homeowner’s insurance offers the security of knowing that you, your family, your home and your possessions are safe.

Homeowner’s insurance is a package policy, meaning that it covers damage to your property, as well as your liability/legal responsibility for damages you, your family members, or even your pet may cause to other people.  Keep in mind, damage caused by negligent home maintenance is not covered, and flood and earthquake policies must be purchased separately.

Homeowner’s insurance policies include four basic coverage types:

1.  Bodily Injury Liability

This type of coverage applies to injuries you may have caused to others due to an accident. Serious accidents could result in a lawsuit, making the proper liability coverage very important.

2.  Property Damage Liability

This type of coverage pays for the damage you may have caused to someone else’s property. This includes vehicles, lamp posts, fences, telephone poles, buildings, mailboxes, etc.

If you have expensive items such as jewelry or furs, you should insure them for their full value with a special personal property endorsement.  This coverage includes “accidental disappearance” in case the item is ever lost.

3.  Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or Medical Payments

This type of coverage helps pay for the treatment of you and your passengers, should you be injured in an accident. It can cover medical bills, lost wages, even funeral costs.

4. Comprehensive

This type of coverage applies to losses due to theft or damages to your vehicle caused by something other than a collision. For example: vandalism, fire, hail, storms, earthquakes, falling objects, or incidents involving animals. Comprehensive coverage is often required by auto lenders.

5. Collision

This type of coverage pays for damage to your vehicle as a result of a collision with another vehicle or object, and potholes or road damage. Collision coverage is often required by auto lenders as well.

6. Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist

This type of coverage will reimburse you for expenses caused by an uninsured or underinsured driver. It will also cover hit-and-run accidents, or if you are hit as a pedestrian.

There are also options for rental car reimbursement and roadside assistance.

If you have specific questions about auto insurance coverage, let Allen Insurance Group help you. We can create a car insurance policy that is tailored to your specific needs. For more information, or to receive a quote, call 972.695.4444 or fill out our contact form.

bottom of page